Friday 9 May 2008

The Highs and Lows

Life has been a rollercoaster these past few weeks and it is only now showing signs of slowing down. On the up side I was approved for a business start up grant which means that for the next few months at least I have some money coming in and I can really get to grips with making FeltFinland work. My business is also now registered so it is official - I know own and run my own business!
On the down side my father in law passed away - he had been unwell for quite sometime but it was still a shock when it happened. Fortunately we saw him that morning and he got to see the children one last time.
But as they say (without sounding callous I hope) life goes on and it does. I am in the process of needle felting 26 snowmen's heads and bottoms and numerous tonttu (gnomes) hats! I have a load of wet felting ideas in my head and hope next week to get my hands soapy! I can't wait - I really enjoy needle felting but you can't beat the satisfaction of turning a load of fuzzy wool into (hopefully) a beautiful creation with just soap, water and one's hands.Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment