Saturday 31 October 2009

It's official!

I have a brain and it's 'normal'! (This photo is not actually my brain though!)

After developing a 'twitching' eye out of the blue last sunday, by Wednesday I had had enough so went to see and Opthamologist. Apparently the symptoms I displayed , although mild, were a sign of one of the few emergencies in eye conditions. I was sent immediately to the main eye clinic in Helsinki for further tests and scheduled for an MRI scan the next day. An interesting experience, not too unpleasant - the main displeasure being made to listen to Celine Dion as I lay inside what sounded like a broken washing machine!
Fortunately the outcome was good in that I didn't have a brain aneurysm and my brain was looking good!
I have nothing but praise for the treatment and care I received at the obviously very busy eye clinic - Thank you!
My twitching eye remains a bit of a mystery so I have a review at the clinic next week, but with luck it should settle of its own accord. I just have to be a little more careful needle felting - sharp needles and twitchy eyes are not a good combination!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Horray for a healthy brain! I know what it's like to wait for results like that. :( Sorry you had to go through that.

    Hope it works itself out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you have a healthy brain- and I hope the eye twitch resolves itself, it must be driving you nuts!

    ReplyDelete