Sunday 20 September 2009

Irony?

My dear husband (of 8 years on Tuesday!) is, as I type, running the Espoo marathon. It has taken me back to 1992 when I ran the London marathon - as much out of curiosity, one of those things you have to do, sheer madness(?), as well as an opportunity to do my bit for charity. I have just been reminiscing that day, looking at the photos and press cuttings and then it struck me. The charity I was running for was the Juvenile Diabetes foundation. How ironic that now 17 years later, we have a son with Type 1 (also known as Juvenile) Diabetes. How weird/spooky/bizarre that I was raising money for something that would become so important in our lives. Coincidence? Fate? Destiny? - who knows and who knows what may happen in the world of research in the next 5,10,15 years........ here's hoping lots(but no more marathon running!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. well done you on doing the marathon! hope hubby's goes well too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to say hubby returned in 4½ hours in one piece(plus a few blisters) It bought back lots of memories but no desire to run that far again!!!

    ReplyDelete