Thursday 11 December 2008

Time to get ready..

Finally I can breathe a sigh of relief. The Christmas fairs are done and dusted, the last one being 5 days long! It was however very successful and had a nice friendly relaxed atmosphere, which helped a lot.My bestsellers were my pincushions - fun to make too! Now it is time to turn my full attention to getting ready for Christmas - my parents arrive next week and the children have various celebrations at school and day care plus we have some snow! Actually it's a bit wet and slushy but it looks pretty! The shopping is well in hand, the ham is ordered and I have started stocking up on essentials - chocolates, pickles, mustard and dough to make a ginger bread house( that's Grandma's job when she arrives!!)
I still have a few felting projects I need to do and already I am planning ideas in my head for Easter! My next fair is the end of February so no time to waste!! I need to tidy my work room before I do anything else - my first new years resolution!! Jack got dug out of his box yesterday - I haven't the heart to sell him so he will have pride of place in the living room!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being at the Women's Fair in Helsinki. Your work is really nice. There were many people there and i hope that you sold well.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pincushions are so cute! You'll have to come up with new designs for next year, to encourage people to buy several.
    We've cheated and bought a gingerbread house kit from IKEA, my kids still enjoy decorating it, even in the cool adolescent phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pincushions are very cute!

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday & a great family get-together.

    ReplyDelete