- We did nothing 'wrong' to cause A's Diabetes. A mix of genetics, enviromental factors and just sod's law caused this autoimmune disease.
- For type 1 Diabetes the only treatment is Insulin. Insulin in too larger doses can kill. There is a fine line between too much and not enough sometimes and we often don't get it right. Not through lack of trying though!
- Yes he can eats sweets, ice cream, biscuits - I just need to know the carbohydrate content of everything he eats and calculate the right dose of insulin ( see point 2)
- Diabetes affects everyone in the family -A, Mum, Dad, Big sister, Grandma's and Grandad.....
- .....Yes Diabetes is in our life but it is not our life - we will do anything and everything as before, but with an extra suitcase for all his supplies.
- We would like a cure please.
Don't forget World Diabetes Day on 14th November - we will be doing the Big Blue test. Will you?